Monday, November 19, 2007

The march of the holidays


The march has begun. It varies in pace from a sprint to a waltz. I'm still trying to figure out the magic of making time come to a crawl. The season kicked off with a fabulous Halloween. The tooth fairy costume was done up in the finest tradition of made-from-stuff-around-the-house! Having a roll of gold lame laying about does add a certain polish to costumes. Not only that, but it was given to me! Thanks Cat!

We moved right on to the Tooth Fairy Birthday. The bonus of having a birthday so close to Halloween is the theme is set by the costume chosen!



Turns out I can transform a house with white paper. Think the paper snowflake scene in Elf only with teeth!

The irony of marshmallow teeth is not lost on me. But it was so easy!

Now we head towards Thanksgiving. I am hosting the family dinner for the first time this year. I am feeling surprisingly serene about a sit down dinner for 18. My wee crafter has gone into serious production of handprint turkeys and we still have some of the smaller garden pumpkins for decorations.


I have been sewing and crocheting. But somehow I never seem to get photos. there was another art bag made. There is another birthday coming up. I am going to make notes and take pictures while I make this one. I'd like to try my hand at a tutorial. The bags have been so well received by the recipients and their parents. I'd like to share as I have been so grateful for all the wonderful tutorials I have found online! Perhaps during the brief lull at the beginning of December!

0 comments: