Monday, July 14, 2008

Bubbly fun



A dear cousin got married this summer. And they invited my bean to be the "bubble girl"! Of course, she was thrilled. It was a beautiful wedding, tuxedos with flip flops casual, out in the country.

So, in the midst of our current chaos, I decide that really, I just have to make the dress. I mean, I looked for a bubble dress, I truly did, but the only one I found that I liked was too big and needed sleeves. So it served as my inspiration piece.

Which, by the way, is listed for the amazing price of $16!!! Click on the picture to check it out.

I modified a Big 3 pattern and ended up with this - note: I forgot the big ivory sash at home! It looks so cute with it on - oh well.


Love sweet little puff sleeves!

It was one of the most beautiful and loving weddings I've attended. It was such a joy to see my cousin and his wife so happy!

Okay, I've got to get back to painting trim now!

3 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous. What a lucky girl your daughter is. Just stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a great idea--love the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! I would like to try remaking the dress for her a little closer to the inspiration. I don't know how long she'll be willing to wear puff sleeves, so I've got them on her while I can!

    ReplyDelete